Client assistance and representation before Patent Offices and the Courts
LEGRAND LESAGE-CATEL GAULTIER advises, represents and assists companies and individuals, applicants or holders of intellectual property rights before specialist courts and bodies in cases of application for or disputes involving, intellectual property rights.
- In regard to inventions, LEGRAND LESAGE-CATEL GAULTIER advises parties, in collaboration with highly informed technicians about the options for protection of rights (secrecy, preservation of know-how, applications for patents). It advises and represents its clients in the matter of relevant claims before the Paris Court of Appeal.
- In regard to trademarks, the law firm represents and assists parties when claims go before the Institut National de la Propriété Industrielle (INPI – French National Institute for Intellectual Property) and before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
- The law firm represents clients and supports their appeals lodged with the 10 competent French Courts of Appeal, and before the General Court and Court of Justice of the European Union.
- In regard to French and EU designs and models, the law firm represents and assists rights-holders and claimants before the same national and international bodies.
- In regard to domain names, the law firm represents and assists parties before the Association Française pour le Nommage Internet en Coopération (AFNIC – the French Network Information Centre and its Syreli dispute resolution procedure, as well as before the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO, Uniform Domain-Name Dispute Resolution procedure).
Finally, LEGRAND LESAGE-CATEL GAULTIER assists in the search for negotiated solutions within the framework of the Commission Nationale des Inventions de Salariés (CNIS – National Commission for Employee Inventions) and other mediation bodies.
Fields of expertise